William Gyles Guesthouse, Newport, RI
The Elms, Newport, RI
Outdoor dining at the Black Pearl, Newport, RI
Harbor looking toward Trinity Church Steeple, Newport, RI

About the Guesthouse

The Story of 16 Howard Street, Newport
(as per plaque on the front of the house)

William Gyles House
One story of which may be the one story “mansion” located on this site before 1791. The building was purchased on May 31, 1791, for 150 Spanish silver milled dollars. The land, which had been given to Trinity Church (its income to be used to educate boys in grammar and mathematics) was purchased in November 1, 1805. Both purchases were made by Daniel Ginodo. Present owners here since July 6, 1927.


Following are various accommodations being offered in the guesthouse:
Room with one queen bed, one twin bed and shared bath.
Private 2 bedroom, 1½ bath apartment.
Includes well-appointed kitchen, spacious living room, laundry facilities and private deck.

Amenities
Large bedrooms
Kitchen privileges
Light self-serve breakfast
Private deck
Cozy lounge area w/local tourist information
No curfew (24 hour access)
Laundry facility
Book exchange
Visa, MasterCard accepted
Free Internet access
Free street parking nearby


The William Gyles Guesthouse has been owned and operated by Merrilee Zellner for the past 15 years.

William Gyles Guesthouse, 16 Howard Street, Newport, Rhode Island, 02840, USA  (401) 369-0243 |